August 23, 2020
Despite the pandemic which seems to cut short most of our summer fun activities, our Feast Day weekend went well. Although there were less events per se, a lot of work was performed to make the weekend special. I would like to express my thanks to the following:
· To the picnic committee of Al Pytel, Jack Murrin, Jerry Kazcmarek, Ray Freas, Dan Jenks, Jane Luke, Sean Phillips and Steve Abraham
· To the Knights of Columbus and Dan D’Agnese for organizing the Marian Procession
· To the St. Columbkille Federal Credit Union for the complimentary ice cream
· To the faculty and staff of St. Albert the Great at Assumption Academy and volunteers for serving the ice cream
· To those who set up and broke down the tents, etc.
· To the raffle committee of Pat Kennedy and Nancy Borisz
And to all of you who supported this weekend by your participation and especially your support through the purchase and selling of raffle tickets. It is the people of Assumption Parish that make it special. Thanks for a good feast.
Several parishioners have notified me of my name coming up in E-mails asking for help. Please let me say this again that I never personally ask for help via social media or e-mail. I always ask via telephone or in person. This way, I know whom I am Addressing, and you know that it is I who address you.
The 2020-2021 academic year begins this week at St. Albert the Great at Assumption Academy. We pray that the Holy Spirit enlightens our student body and faculty as they conduct classes in person with the preparation and practices we have in place to accomplish this.
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered by Abbot Gary on September 9 at 7:00 p.m. This is for the class of 2020. There is a MANDATORY ZOOM meeting on Monday August 31. All those receiving Confirmation must be a part of this.
First Communion from last spring will be Saturday, September 26 at 10:00 a.m.