There is much that happens at Church of the Assumption every day; administering the sacraments; providing ministries and programs; tending to the needy, the sick, and the suffering; walking with families in time of joy and sorrow; caring for the buildings and property, educating our children, supporting the community...and much, much more. Sometimes we can become complacent about why we're here. We need a reminder that we are a community of believers, People Helping People, working and striving to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ and in the process of, hopefully, becoming saints.
This is why we are initiating an annual Stewardship Sunday with the start of the New Year. Stewardship means “CARING” and we’re calling on families to prayerfully consider how they support Assumption with not only treasure, but with their time and talent. We want every member of the Assumption Community to find a place in our parish for support, comfort, and fellowship.
Here's how you can fulfill your Stewardship Recommitment
- Update your information in the parish office by either completing the online form here OR download the form here OR complete the paper form found in the bulletin the weekends of January 15th & 22nd , then turn in the paper copies in the collection basket.
- Attend Mass each Sunday, and bring your offertory envelope or sign-up for online giving here
- Explore our Ministries and start to participate in a new Ministry in 2023
- Attend the many 2023 events listed here
Here’s some ways to incorporate Stewardship into your everyday life:
- for one another and participating in the sacramental life of the Church
- Serving one another through our many ministries, especially the most vulnerable
- Caring for the sick and suffering
- Growing more deeply in the life of faith
- Spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to all
The priests and leaders of the parish cannot do this alone. We need all parishioners of Assumption to come together as people helping people, working toward this common goal. Everything we have is a gift from God, so we should give everything back to him generously. This is our faith and love in action.
Church of the Assumption invites you to prayerfully consider how you can help our parish to thrive in this most critical mission. As a community united in God's love, we can do much more together than apart. All gifts are needed and encouraged, and we are so grateful in advance of your generosity!